A place to share library news, happenings, and thoughts about our favorite books and authors as we "Soar to Excellence!"

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Happy Summer!

I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy summer. . .what's left of it, anyway. I'm starting to get those annual "Back-To-School Butterflies" in my tummy as my mind reels and races with all the things I need to do to be ready for all my eager readers on Day One:

  • dust off the shelves
  • display all the great Back-to-School books
  • pretty up the place
  • choose the perfect book to share on our first visit back together
Oh!  That last one is tough.  There are so many fun books to share, it's always so hard to pick just one!  I can't wait to hear about all the amazing adventures you had this summer, too, traveling by plane, car, boat, bus. . .or by BOOK! 

Don't forget--Saturday, August 20th, from 8:30 to 11:30, I will be making pancakes for all my fabulous readers.  Just follow your nose to the Summitt Library to get your stack of circly goodness. All you gotta' do is bring back your summer reading log. 

Oh, no!  Did you forget to read?  No worries.  You still have plenty of time left to get in some good books.

Here's a few I've been reading: 



No comments:

Post a Comment